Today I’d like to share exciting news—I’ve been nominated for two blog awards! Wow! These nominations come from fellow bloggers Michelle Ziegler and Katherine Checkley. Michelle nominated me for a new one, the Illuminating Blogger Award, while Katherine nominated me for my second Liebster Award. Thanks so much, ladies, I’m honored! 🙂
Since each of these awards has different requirements—the Liebster’s are quite thorough—I’ve decided to address them in separate posts. For now I’ll say another quick thanks to Katherine Checkley for the Liebster, and I’ll elaborate more on it next week! Now for…
The Illuminating Blogger Award
The rules for the Illuminating Blogger Award are as follows:
- Visit the award site at http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/ and leave a comment indicating you were nominated and by whom.
- Thank the blogger and include a link back to their site.
- Share a random thing about yourself.
- Select 5 or more nominees and notify them that they’ve won the award.
- Put the award on your blog somewhere.
Michelle, my nominator, is a romance writer who posts as she makes her way along the writing path. Her posts are fun and informative, whether about writing or the world in general. Thanks for the nomination, Michelle!
Time for a random fact about me…hmm…I love fun socks! This is particularly random since I’m always warm and wear flip-flops most of the time—but around the house I love short or knee-high socks with some variety of silliness on them. I own a lot of striped, polka-dotted, and zebra-printed ankle socks. I have knee highs with stripes, others with skulls and crossbones, and some with both! I also have pairs that tote some verbal hilarity all over the feet that I’ve owned for many years (“Diva,” “Sassy silly flirt,” etc…seriously, who buys these for me?!). My new house has bamboo floors, so I have an excuse to wear my socks more—and slide across the surface a la Risky Business!
My five nominees for the Illuminating Blogger Award are:
- Jessica Vealitzek at TrueSTORIES: this award is intended for illuminating, informative bloggers, and Jessica is just that. Her posts involve real stories from real people, and they’re all beautifully written. I love finding her posts in my inbox!
- Mike Manz at Stories for the Masses: Mike restructured his blog to focus on his fiction, and it’s exquisite. In addition to posting his work, he creates a companion podcast every time (wow!) and has a special feature showcasing other story-based blogs. Love it!
- Anna Meade at Yearning for Wonderland: Anna runs flash fiction contests and posts her own work. She is a social media guru, managing to rile up participation like none other! The themes she creates for her contests are inspired—I plan to enter more!
- Rebecca Lane Beittel at Rebecca of Tomorrow: Rebecca’s posts are playful and clever, often full of facts about authors of the past or present. Sometimes she sheds light on the season (she posted a fun series on Halloween), and others on writing in general.
- Shay Fabbro at Dr. Shay West aka Dr. Shay Fabbro aka Dr. Fab!: Shay posts author interviews and book reviews, but also posts about fabulous science topics! Shay is a Biology Professor with expertise in the field, and as a former biology student, I get a kick out of her posts.
So there you have it—five awesome nominees. Great work, everyone! And thanks again to Michelle for the nomination! 🙂
November 8th, 2012 at 11:00 am
Eva! You are too kind to me. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your support. When we’re both famous authors, we can reminisce about back in the day on our little ol’ blogs…
November 8th, 2012 at 4:11 pm
Oh good! You saw it…I hadn’t gotten over to your space to tell you yet. You are awesome, Jessica, so it’s a no-brainer to nominate you! And yes…uh…one day! 🙂
November 8th, 2012 at 11:01 am
Just wanted to let you know that if I had my act together, I’d be nominating you for some of these, too. Luckily, there are people out there doing my job for me.
True STORIES at jessicavealitzek.com
November 8th, 2012 at 4:11 pm
You are too kind! Thank you. 🙂
November 9th, 2012 at 5:50 am
Eva, thank you for your kind comment on my blog and the nomination. I assure you I feel the same. XOXO
November 9th, 2012 at 6:28 am
Ah, thanks, Anna! And it was an easy nomination. Thanks for being you! 🙂
November 11th, 2012 at 9:09 am
Congrats Eva! I love winning two awards at once! Only the true deserving, right? 🙂 I love commentary on ‘fun’ socks. So funny.
November 12th, 2012 at 9:15 am
Thanks, Katie! Yes, I have a sock problem. It’s true! (Speaking of, I should put some on right now…) And two awards in one day is great, I agree! *Honored.*
November 25th, 2012 at 8:29 am
Its nice…keep writing..
November 25th, 2012 at 11:52 am
Thanks so much for visiting and commenting, Muhammed!