There’s been an awesome phenomenon going around Facebook lately: the Thirty Days of Thanks posts in honor of Thanksgiving. I think it’s important to remember all that we have and are blessed with in our lives, and unfortunately, I didn’t catch on to the trend until too late to join in.
However, with Thanksgiving in a few days, I decided I’d do my own Thirty Days of Thanks in one post! The following are things in my life that I am incredibly thankful for, and they come in no particular order except the very first one. 🙂
I am grateful for…
- YOU, my blog readers. Thanks for joining me as I meander along in my writing journey, and for sharing your thoughts back!
- Parents—all four of them!—who love and support me.
- Outstanding friends that do the same, especially
- Two dear friends who have put up with me for 19 years. You two are the best! XO
- A sister I grow closer with each day. (Love you, sisser face!)
- A niece I adore that makes me laugh with her adorable 5-year-old ways.
- Two mischievous yet ridiculously cuddly cats. (One is sleeping in my lap as I type this.)
- A roof over my head in a safe neighborhood.
- Food in my belly, always. (And I mean always, since I seem to eat every five seconds.)
- Wonderful colleagues, many of them friends at
- A job that I enjoy, and which provides me an income to do the things outside of work that I like to do, such as
- Vacations around the world and
- Going out and having fun. Then there is…
- The safe birth of my friend’s way-too early baby (so glad she got to the hospital early enough! Rooting for you, little one!).
- A second credential in English, which just made work twice as fantastic.
- A working, healthy body that allows me to live my life and stay active.
- Creativity, and the ability to use it.
- Rediscovering my passion for writing after ignoring it for far too long.
- Connecting with other writers both on the blogsphere and in person, especially
- Superb writing mentors and friends and
- People who are excited about my writing. Then of course, there are the little things, but as an “I have a glass! Yay!” kind of optimist, they make me happy too—things like:
- An organized bulletin board of writing projects.
- A gym in my condo complex, as well as a pair of hot tubs and a beautiful running trail.
- An antenna that lets me watch my favorite shows in high-definition without having to pay for cable.
- A hallway full of family and friend photos.
- A new housecleaner who rocks my world.
- A super fast typing speed that makes writing a breeze.
- My spiffy new Macbook, which paired with my desktop computer, gives me maximum writing options!
- My expensive but comfortable bed, and of course
Thanks for reading the short list of things I’m thankful for in my life. I could go on, truly, because I don’t think that a list of thirty things is long enough to cover all that I appreciate. Especially my #1—thank you for you, readers! 🙂
I hope that all of you have an opportunity to find at least one thing you are thankful for this week, and that you all have a happy Thanksgiving. In the meantime, don’t forget, the submission call for Third Thursday Flash Edition Six: The Turkey Edition, is still open until 8 p.m. PST tonight. Can’t wait to see your ideas…gobble gobble! 🙂